Sunday, March 10, 2024

Oscars Sunday

Are you going to watch The Oscars? I have always had a certain level of affinity for The Oscars, but I don't care to watch much of it tonight. I also have a certain level of disdain for it, as it's yet another of what I -- and certain other people I've met online -- call a "running of the sheeple" event. I once tried writing a novel called "Running of the Sheeple" which highlighted why a certain niche of people use that phrase to refer to certain traditions in Western culture, but I lost the draft of that novel that I was working on. And when I think back on the story that I was working on for that novel, I think that had I finished it and published it, it might have caused some of its readers to take a step back and think for themselves, and do something else during certain times. But I'll probably never re-try to write that story, as the way how I lost the draft of it hurt me emotionally. One thing that would be ironic though, is if I would have finished that story, and if it would have been adapted to a film that won any Oscars; that would be ironic. But back to The Oscars. I've always wanted to, at least one year, watch many of the nominated movies, and then watch the awards show and cheer for my favorites. So far, I've rarely seen many of the nominated films when it comes time for the awards show. But maybe in the future, it'll happen. But it'll be more likely to happen if Hollywood starts making more interesting movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment